Sunday, March 31, 2013

Agony and Ecstacy of Eman - I

May I  speak?
...

I am an Eman from my village,

Offering my prayers to enable me to express only that which truly resides within me,

Offering my prayers to be free of:

ERRORS OF THE FIRST KIND

arising from nondiscrimination of the inner world of truth and the outer world of ignorance, and

ERRORS OF THE SECOND KIND

arising from identifications of the inner world into the forms of the outer world

Wish to express only that which I am urged to by my own conduct in this world,

Wish to pay my respects to the countless beings

Who have experienced the freedom they were born with,

Prefer to speak...

On the nature of the things I gathered

During those watchful hours

Of the restful darkness of night,

Having witnessed...

The origin and dissolution of fear,

The coming and going of thieves and bandits,

The rising and falling of the trembling leaf,

The rising and ebbing of the cry of a new-born,

The rising and falling of the lonely wave,

The rising and falling of the living breath,

The beginning and ending of a thunderbolt,

The appearing and disappearing of a chain of words,

The appearing and disappearing of a tribe of men and women,

The arising of space from non-space and life from non-life,

...........................

Verily desire to express that which seem self evident

And that which seem to be present in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment